The New Year is about reflecting on the past – what went right, what went wrong, and what can be improved upon. We can all agree that the past few years brought rapid change to how we use technology in the workplace. Companies around the world are regrouping to ensure that the “new” workplace is functioning at maximum efficiency.
Bill Miller, Vice President of National Accounts at Sencommunications, Inc., a leading audio and video technology solutions company, recommends the following tips to help you achieve your 2023 business goals:
- Take the time necessary to reflect on what you want to change in your business or company. What’s your motivation? And are these changes necessary now or in the future?
- Set long-term goals. Specific and challenging goals will bring you great success.
- Set short-term realistic goals that will help you achieve your long-term goals.
Miller also highlights below three 2023 trends in workforce communications technology that may assist you in determining your 2023 goals.
- Suites are dominating buying patterns. Through the pandemic, businesses scrambled to adopt tools for remote workers. It’s common to find businesses with one vendor for messaging, another for calling, a third for video, etc. IT leaders want to move to a suite versus best-of-breed model. This shouldn’t be a surprise, as suites have won over time in other markets (office productivity, CRM, etc.).
- A Microsoft Teams Room (MTR) Microsoft Teams Rooms (MTRs) is an umbrella term for Teams native hardware solutions that allows you to transform meetings into a shared room of any size, from small huddle areas to large conference rooms. The hardware is managed using an integral device compatible with Microsoft Teams software. An MTR creates dynamic meeting experiences for remote and in-person attendees. Jabra, Logitech, Poly, and Yealink offer hardware devices that are all Microsoft Teams Certified and perfect for MTRs.
- Real People are still needed for quality customer service. Although AI is being used in more companies, businesses (especially health and finance industries) are turning some focus back to human agents who can provide empathy when communicating with customers. These customer service reps require the highest quality in communications technology to complement the personal empathy they provide to clients.
Sencomm is doing its part to assist its customers in determining what audio and video technologies they need. “We want to ensure you have the right solutions for your employees. If new technology is required, we help companies find the best audio and visual communications products to complement their current workforce solutions to achieve future business goals,” says Miller.
“Additionally, Sencomm may buy back old hardware that you no longer need,” says Miller. As a leader in audio and visual solutions, providing businesses with the latest technologies for over 34 years, Sencomm is responsible for disposing of e-waste or electronic products nearing the end of their “useful life.”
“We are committed to properly managing old and broken headsets and other desktop equipment such as speakerphones and laptops, which is why our buy-back program exists. Also, Sencomm will sort your in-warranty headsets from your out-of-warranty headsets and facilitate the manufacturer’s replacement for you.
Miller says, “Our goal is always to provide companies the capabilities needed to conduct day-to-day business to meet their goals successfully. Sencomm’s core values of innovation, integrity, and honesty are proven daily through our commitment to do better and be better for our business partners and customers.”
Are you ready to take on the challenges of the new year? Reach out to Sencomm today to learn how Sencomm can help you attain your 2023 workforce goals that require state-of-the-art, high-tech communication tools. To get started today, call 800-654-2993.